Why study WHS?
Learn how to keep staff safe and advance your career. This course reflects the increasing importance to industry of having access to expertly trained health & safety professionals.
According to joboutook.gov.au over the next 5 years (to May 2022) the number of workers is expected to grow very strongly to 30,600. Around 16,000 job openings are likely over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
This qualification is suitable for people working in a Work Health and Safety (WHS) role who work to provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others. The qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
Some of the skills you will learn through this course is how to run WHS inductions, review contractors for compliance, undertake risk assessment and develop risk control plans, develop WHS policies and manage WHS systems, undertake research and investigate incidents.
Book your course today!
There are no entry requirements for this qualification however, you will be expected to be able to:
- Access to the internet, computer, laptop or other mobile device to access the online learning portal
- Assess to a customer service environment either currently working or as a volunteer (your workplace will be assessed for suitability prior to confirmation of enrolment)
- Access to Microsoft word and excel
- Understand and be able to communicate in written and verbal English
- Complete the pre-assessment (This ensures that you have the Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills to complete the course. Additionally, it helps us identify if you have any individual needs that we need to cater for)
- Your workplace will be reviewed for suitability to ensure you will have access to all resources, equipment, etc. for delivery of the qualification.
- This course is delivered and assessed online, in the workplace and with set days in class over a 12 month period
- You will need to be self-motivated
- Full support is provided by a qualified trainer and assessor with monthly coaching calls
- Each quarter you are required to attend a day in class to undertake practical training and assessment
- All course material and assessment is provided through the BLC Learning Management System (LMS)
- Each week students would be expected to undertake 4-6 hours of study in order to progress through the course as intended, please note that this is only an indicator.
- Fee For Service: 12 months
- Training Contract: 24 months
Units of Competency
BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
BSBMGT401 Show Leadership in the Workplace